A really popular way to prepare Sea Moss, and preserve as much of the good stuff as possible, is to make it into a gel. This can be used in smoothies, puddings, cooking or even completely on its own. Here are easy steps to make it at home with a high powered blender.
NB: step-by-step video is coming soon :)
1) Wash the Sea Moss thoroughly, we recommend washing at least three time to remove excess sea salt and other ocean elements.
2) Soak the Sea Moss in best quality water you have available (avoid tap). Add a few slices of lemon to neutralise the sea smell. Soak for a minimum of 12 hours.
3) Afterwards you will see the Sea Moss has expanded in size and become translucent. Put the Sea Moss in a high powered blender with the same water used to soak the Sea Moss and blend until a thick smooth paste. We recommend you cover the height of the Sea Moss in the blender with water.
4) Pour into a glass jar and leave in the fridge to solidify (should take a couple hours)
5) Add Sea Moss to your smoothies, porridge or simply have 1-2 spoons a day.